Thursday, August 11, 2011

Transformers: the Japanese Collection - Headmasters - DVD Review


When reviewing a release such as Transformers: the Japanese Collection - Headmasters, I feel somewhat obligated to offer up my own personal history with the robots in disguise: partly because it’s fun and also to let you know where I stand in regards to my obsession or, depending on your level of devotion, lack thereof.

Like any child of the ‘80s, I grew up with and loved the Transformers. I played with the toys and enjoyed the half-hour animated commercials keenly disguised as a television program. I knew the names, I attempted to memorize the stats on the back of the package and I even made the “kee-kchooo –koo-koo-choo” noise when I transformed my toys in an attempt to emulate one of the greatest sound effects my young mind had ever known.

Read the rest of my review at TV Geek Army

No comments: